Saudi records third coronavirus death – What will happen to Hajj 2020?

Saudi Arabia recorded the third coronavirus related death on Thursday, the ministry of health said and now the number of infected rises to over a thousand.

The 51 year-old resident from Madinah passed away after being admitted to hospital in a critical condition.

Muslims around the world are already concerned if they will be able to perform Hajj this year, or even travel to the Makkah during Ramadhan. As the number of cases rise the likely scenario will be inevitable.

The Spokesperson Dr. Mohammed Al-Abd Al-Aly said 112 new cases have been reported since Wednesday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the Kingdom to 1,012, and among them are 23 medical staff.

Speaking during a daily news briefing, Al-Abd Al-Aly said that 33 people have recovered so far, five up from Wednesday’s tally of 28.

Meanwhile, Ministry of Interior spokesperson Talal Al-Shalhoub said all the roads that lead to Makkah, Madinah and Riyadh are under security control.

“There are people who are reckless about the decision to abide by the curfew, and the necessary measures have been taken against them,” he said.

He added that the curfew stipulates that individuals must stay and work from home, and those who do not abide will be penalized.

………………………………………………….

One thought on “Saudi records third coronavirus death – What will happen to Hajj 2020?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.